School Administrators are capable planners, possess good judgment, and are skilled in handling relations with various people (staff, parents, students, regulatory bodies and the public). A great School Administrator also has attention to detail and conflict management skills.
Reporting to: Principal and with Senior Leadership Team (SLT), all relevant teaching and non-teaching support staff, and external agencies, parents, careers and governors.
The post holder would be expected to:
- To manage all financial and administrative aspects of the school
- Provide strategic leadership and operational management to ensure income and expenses are adhered to, managing budgets, policies and events.
- Provide well-informed advice regarding national developments to the Principal and SMT.
- Promote, establish and monitor systems of Quality Assurance for Finance and Administration to ensure high expectations are set and met and best practice observed and implemented.
- Resolving conflicts or other issues as they occur.
- To ensure fiduciary compliance with the relevant internal and external bodies.
- Lead the Finance and Administration Team across the institution.
- Manage budgets, logistics and events or meetings
- Handle scheduling, record-keeping and reporting
- Ensure the school complies with relevant laws and regulations
- Hire, train and advise staff
- Counsel students when needed
- Communicate with parents, regulatory bodies and the public
- Have a hand in the creation of the school curriculum
- Implement actions that improve the school and the quality of education
- Help shape and uphold the vision of the school