The Chief Security Officer (CSO) is the executive in charge of the management of the security of the school environment and is primarily responsible for the security of the premises of Government College Umuahia and all the assets within the building, access to facilities, and the surveillance equipment.
The post holder would be expected to:
- Develop and implement strategic security protocols and procedures.
- Provide strategic vision and direction in security aspects of the school environment.
- Develop policies and protocols for securing and protecting sensitive information.
- Hire and recruit the best talent in building up the security of an organization.
- Coordinate cross-team functional in maintaining vigilance and security of GCU.
- Develop logistics to protect intellectual property, copyrights and other related risks.
- Utilize information technology to protect electronic information resources.
- Initiate safety measures to protect the lives of all stakeholders within the school unit.
- Able to review and enhance policies and procedures to ensure the safety of the work environment
- Anticipation of future and task is critical for a security manager.
- Must possess a relevant network to obtain necessary information.
- Deep and broad knowledge of safety and security with relevant experience.
- Must be a resourceful person to manage a complex situation.
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree or specialized certifications and training in site management
- Proven experience as security manager or similar position
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Leadership skills
- Flexible scheduling
How to apply
Please submit your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or click the fill the form below.